Another fabulous Alley Find…someone threw out this great red Ikea shelf unit just a block from the house, and it works great in the bedroom. The bottom shelf was broken off, but easily repaired with glue. Gotta love free! My neighbors toss out the best stuff 😉
(all the stuff on the shelves we already had. Matchbook art by artist friend Paul Moschell. The black hand is a recent thrift store find for $3. See more of the bedroom projects on the Decorating link.)
Happy Halloween! I am a bit behind so I am combining Halloween Decor posts 3 & 4 into 1 post…Outside and Other Spaces.
This year the Crawling Eye is attacking our front porch again, with a few changes. I added the blow-up eyes I had around the yard last year around the eye like “babies”, added a black backdrop (heavy black plastic sheeting with white string lights poked through to resemble stars), 2 wierdo “planets” (a neighbor’s science project they were throwing out that I sprayed with florescent paint), and a new color-changing water-type light that makes it all oh so spooky at night.
We did the rest of the yard and porch a bit more refined this year…
Welcome to Halloween Decor 2016 Part 2! The Main Room is our party room, the first room in the house through the entry and the one seen through the front window, and so, it is the room that gets the most attention. Ie: all the coolest Halloween stuff. Just about everything is either diy or found at thrift stores and yard sales.
Above is an admittedly crappily pieced-together panorama of the main room. (hey, photoshop isn’t my strong suit) (see the Voodoo entry on the right in Part 1) Here are some details:
Yes I know. It’s been months and months since I last posted, and I do humbly apologize. It has been a most eventful year so far and other duties and issues were made a priority, but I hath returned! Let’s catch you up…Broken Bones, Tattoos & Marriage!
Happy Fall All! The heater kicked on for the first time this morning, so it is officially Fall at our house. The leaves are starting to fall off the trees, and short sleeves have turned to long almost overnight. I managed to get this little project finished before the chill set in and painting outside became challenging.
I know it has been awhile since the last post, but I have a great excuse, I promise…It’s been a very eventful year to say the least, with many changes. The not-so-pretty news is that, after a year of severe anemia, I underwent surgery to correct it a month ago. I am feeling much better! My energy is starting to return and I feel like I’m getting my life back after months of having no energy. I’ll be getting back to some fun projects on the house and for the holidays very soon.
I had some fun getting all glam with my Easter eggs this year. Gold & Silver leaf! It was easy. I dyed the eggs with standard dye, and limited it to two colors (though you can use any colors you like). The tricky part was blowing out the eggs first. (I wanted them to keep long-term, and well, you wouldn’t want to eat them after the leaf is applied).